Sunday, June 1, 2008

grandpa b.

Last night my Grandpa passed away at home with my mom, Aunt Sandy, Uncle Mark, Aunt Mary and my Grandma all by his side. He had been sick for a while but as much I thought I had prepared myself for this, it didn't really help.

I'm going to miss him so much. He was such an amazing person. I can't even begin to tell you how funny he was. My Grandma is an extraordinary cook and he always claimed he taught her everything she knew. :) One thing that I'm never going to forget (and probably will miss the most) is all the hilarious faces he made in photos .. well, not for MY photos. Any time I ever tried to take a picture of him making a funny face, he'd do it for a split second when I wasn't even ready to take the photo then I had lost my chance. :)

I just can't imagine how life is going to go on without him. He was such a solid part of our family and holds a huge piece of all of our hearts.

I scanned a few of my favorite pictures of him that I found going through our family photo albums earlier this morning. I'm sure you can see from the photos that he was such a fun-loving amazing grandfather.

I love you, Grandpa! I'll miss you.


One of those funny faces I mentioned! :)


He thought the PhotoBooth program on my MacBook was hilarious! All I ever need to do when I'm upset is look at the photos he took and I'll be laughing for hours.


In this photo he is teaching me the tricks of Rollie Bollie, a game which he played all the time in tournaments with his friends. He won first place in the final tournament he played. How great is that? :)


The grandparents with all the grandkids. :) Please ignore how my mom so nicely took the photo and chopped off my cousin Charlie's head. :) haha!


This is the last photo we took together. He was hospitalized for a while the first of the year but luckily was released and got to spend the rest of his days with my Grandma at home.

16 comments:

jessica lynn said...

awww nicole i am so sorry to hear of your loss. my thoughts are with you and your whole family during this difficult time.

Unknown said...

Nicole, I'm so sorry for your loss. He truly did seem like an amazing, joyful person. You and your family are in my prayers.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Nicole....now Im bawling all over again. Lol. This is really great! Love every one of the pics. Our family has lost a wonderful Grandpa, Husband, Dad, Opa, and Friend! He will be missed by everyone. Drive safe and I will see you tomorrow. Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ahh your grandpa's silly faces remind me of my grandpa's silly faces. Great memories. Again, if there is anything I can do, just let me know.

Unknown said...

Nicole, we are so sorry for your family. It's obvious your G-pa was so full of life :) Let us know if there is anything we can do.

Nate & Amanda

Spottswood Photography said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. From the pictures on the blog - he seemed like a fantastic gpa;)

Love,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Well Nicole, God needed him with him and took him away from us to be with him. We have lots of memories and he will always be in your heart...I will miss him also.

Anonymous said...

Nicole,
So sorry for your loss... I can tell how much love you had for each other. I think behind that oxygen mask in the last photo that he is making a funny face too!
PS... I'm pretty sure of it!

My grandpa passed away last week too, we weren't close in any way close to what you and your grandpa were, but Nick and I drove up for the services. It's never fun to have to go through that for a loved one.

I hope you are healing well.
Miss you guys,
Ryann

Jacque said...

Nicole, I am SOOOO sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

Thomas + Camerin said...

Nicole,
We are sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

Stacy Cross said...

Oh, Nicole, I am so sorry to hear this news. Your grandfather sounds like he was an incredible man and, as is true with incredible people, he WILL live on through the impact he made on all of your lives. I honor him with you today!

Unknown said...

I'm so sorry Nicole!

He looks like he was a ton of fun and not one of those "Old" grandpa types.

Jen E. said...

Oh Nicole, I am so sorry. Through your description of him and the photos you posted I can tell what an amazing man he was! His smile, laughter, funny faces and memories will always be in your heart. Thank you for sharing him with the rest of us in your blog!
best
Jen

Jennifer Wathen said...

Nicole,

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. God Bless. I know he is looking down on you with one of those funny faces.
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

i lost my grandpa last fall so i know what you are going through....maybe they are hangin' out now. ha.
thinking of you, angela

Anne said...

Beautiful memories. Take care. Hugs and love.