Friday, November 9, 2007

venice, italy

So, I'm a little behind on posting my photos from Europe. I am currently going through my favorites from Venice so I figured what better time than now to dedicate an entire blog to it. :)

Venice was by far my favorite spot we visited. It was so much better than I imagined. Even with seeing hundreds of photographs of the city, it's hard to put into words what an amazing place it is when you are standing right there in the middle of everything.

Luckily, my mom's cousin, Frank and his wife Elke, had worked in Venice before and they took us away from all the tourists. I couldn't have been more grateful. If there's one thing I absolutely hate, it's crowds of people and Venice definitely had it's fair share. If Frank weren't there showing us around, I don't think I would have liked it half as much as I did!

I could blab on more about how unbelievable it was but I know you are all here to see the photos. :) Plus, I think I'm quite possibly the worst writer in history so .. on with the pictures! :)




HA! As we were walking, I see this guy hanging out (he's not posing!). He was literally just standing there .. looking at me like he knew I needed this picture to complete my Venice collection. :) It was too funny .. and perfect timing!





14 comments:

Deanna's Photography said...

OMG These pictures are amazing! The first one definately takes my breath away!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to go to Venice SO BAD!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! Sooooo amazing Nicole!!! No words can describe, but your pictures sure can.

Anonymous said...

MADAME!!! Where is the picture of us getting out of the gondala? Where is the picture of your hot Italian boyfriend? Where is the picture of Aunt Sandy's "not so hot" Italian boyfriend! Ha! Ha! Ha!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You could sell those!

Amy Martin said...

Wow! I'm salivating just looking at all those pics.... :)

Anonymous said...

FABULOUS! FABULOUS! FABULOUS!

Anna Page Photography said...

I've probably said this before but I'm SO jealous :) Awesome photos, they really bring back memories from when I was there. Is that the "bridge of sighs" in that last pic?

Anonymous said...

WOW-If I hadn't been there w/you I'd think I was looking at postcards, only better! yeah, where is your Italian boyfriend? (and mine) I've been home for a month and I think I'm ready to go back. That was a great moment when he was standing there!

Anonymous said...

I love every one of them.. I am jealous, I have been to Italy twice, but never had the chance to go to Venice. When the time is right, I will go walk in your footsteps. Is Dan Jealous of you Italian boyfriend? Did you get pinched? Ya know that is the Italian way!!!

Expressions by Amber said...

ABSOLUTLY BEAUTIFUL!!! Have i said I was jealous yet?

Anonymous said...

OHHH SOLA MIA!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful images.

Unknown said...

I think the first one and the forth one are my favs but they are all really great.

wrecklessgirl said...

the orangey boat against the tan-orange wall - (2nd to last pic)- is AMAZING. it should be blown up and mounted on canvas and bought by me. visually, the colors are so complimentary, and the layout is very intriguing.

Anonymous said...

Nicole, what gorgeous photography ... you have a special gift for capturing stories with your pictures.

Keep posting so the rest of us can enjoy the beauty which you captured and recreated for us in the final prints.